Please use the following guidelines to prepare your quilt top and backing before bringing it to me to complete. These are very important to the whole quilting process.
• Please ensure that you have clipped all loose threads from the quilt top as they can become trapped under the top quilting and be much more difficult to remove later.
• Please press your quilt top and backing. You don’t want to have wrinkles encompassed into the quilting. If you piece your backing, please press the backing seams open as they will lay flatter for the quilting process.
• Your backing must be a minimum of 3-4” larger than the quilt top on all sides. This is needed so that when I load the quilt and pull the sides snug that there will be enough backing.
• I will return the quilt trimmed. I will return all extra backing fabric over 2” wide.
• Please be sure that your quilt and backing are square. Double check your backing and trim where needed. Do keep in mind that you may loose some inches trying to square it up, so be sure that you still have enough backing if you have to trim any off.
• Do not have any pins in the quilt top as they will damage the machine.
• If you have a novelty quilt, please do not attach any of the objects on it until after it has been quilted. If they are already on it, I will do my best to work around them, but I cannot guarantee that they will stay attached and/or break, therefore you may have to re-attach a few. I am not responsible if they break.
• Please do not put any tape on your quilt as the adhesive in the tape is difficult to remove and can actually ruin a needle making it sticky.
• These may seem a bit overwhelming, but if you follow these few suggestions, it will result in a smooth operation contributing to your beautiful quilt! *I will always contact you, the quilter/piecer if I have any questions or issues while quilting your quilt.